On Tue, 31 May 2005 at  9:57:13 -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Odhiambo Washington wanted us to know:
>
> >> Please, set the "Debug" flag in your clamd.conf, rescan the sample, and
> >> send
> >> us the logs.
> >I cannot do that on the box where this phenomena is manifesting itself
> >because it's a production box, processing large volumes of mail. I'll
>
> Very quickly, do these:
> 1) Edit /etc/clamd.conf, uncommenting the Debug option.
> 2) clamscan the file
> 3) Edit /etc/clamd.conf, commenting the Debug option.

I know that the issue has been solved already (ScanPE was disabled).
I just want to point out the detail:

clamscan does _not_ use clamd.conf.

(That's why the config file's name was changed from clamav.conf to
clamd.conf in one of previous versions - to help avoid similar
confusions).
So the suggested trick wouldn't work.
HTH for the archives' sake.

--