Emanuel Nacht wrote:
Okay, I think I found the evil-doer, and it's, gladly, not related to clamav.

It appears there was an attack running towards one virtual host, which
made the load skyrocket of the server - giving clamav only so much cpu
time. It's still interesting that clamav showed up in top with 99%
cpu:

806 clamav 25 0 16560 16m 692 R 96.7 1.6 0:04.05 ls
I will keep an eye on this, and post a follow-up if this problem persists.

Why would clamav ever run the 'ls' command?  Something doesnt seem right..

-Jim