Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
Why do we have to recompile clamav all the time to get updates? I thought that's what freshclam was for.

Because something is broken?  I've never had to to do that.

We were running clamav 0.86 with freshclam, and Worm.Mytob.FM was making it past the filter. Compiling 0.86.1 fixed things, but I don't really understand why.

I dont know if this is the case for this particular virus, but sometimes older versions of clam can not detect some of the newer variants of viruses regardless of what version of the definitions you have.

  We generally like to test new
releases of software on a test server for several days before upgrading production machines.

Good idea.

-Jim