Hi,
I am a newbie clam user.
I have set clamav to scan incoming mail, and for efficiency purposes I have
decided to  use the daemon.
When using "top" to list running processes I see that
1) clamd is listed twice and using 14M of memory each
2) whenever a mail is processed a new process starts, terminating  after a
while

My questions are:
a) The above situation makes sense or have I done something wrong?
b) Is it ok that the idle daemon is taking up so much memory?
c) Is the second process as a matter of  fact a child process running in its
parent memory space?
d) Using clamscan instead of the daemon will be less efficient?

And one more question:
e) Is it ok to start the daemon in "inittab" as
av:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/clamd

Thank you all
Julio Maidanik