Dennis Peterson wrote:
Thomas Hruska said:

Dennis Peterson wrote:

Thomas Hruska said:

I hate to crosspost, but since it appears no one reads the Win32 list, I
switched my subscription to the main users list.

Everything you require can be found at Google. As you observed, ClamAV
is
not in the spyware detection business.

dp

No it can't because I've spent the past two days searching Google going
through thousands of results.

Google has told you what you need - the tool you are after does not exist.

dp

Thank you but I already know the tool doesn't exist or I wouldn't be wandering around this forum. Since the tool doesn't exist, I found the _closest_ possible tool to the tool I am looking for and ClamAV happens to be that tool. You should be proud that your tool is just shy of being able to do something system administrators around the world want to be able to do. Imagine the joy a sysadmin could experience by being able to remotely scan a thousand plus machines on the LAN, and, in a matter of 30 minutes, know which ones have spyware or have a virus installed all from one tool. Now I know this isn't what ClamAV was designed for, but that's the sort of thing you have to expect from software and users - the unexpected but creative uses for a product. Given that it should only take a week or two to gather signatures from the various spyware vendor binaries, I don't see why you all are so adamant about not adding rudimentary detection. To me, spyware is a virus. The only difference is that it wreaks havoc on the human psyche instead of wreaking havoc on binary data.

--
Thomas Hruska