Seeing a similar problem, but only when mimedefang passes a ".dat" file to ClamAV. The all fail.

Phil Chambers wrote:
I have been running ClamAV for many months without any problems, but one has just popped up.

I am running exim-4.50 with av_scanner = clamd;/xxxx/clamd

I have a message on a local server queue which is being rejected when that server tries to send it to my exim/clamd server. The exim log shows:

This was happening under clamav version 0.86.2 so I have just upgraded to 0.87 and I get exactly the same.

The message body looks fine, being a text/plain (quoted-printable) part followed by an application/ms-tnef (BASE64) part. The total size is just over 200K, so size is not an issue.

I have tried running the message through clamdscan and clamscan and both show it as clean, with no errors.

Any advice on how I might debug this?

Phil.
Phil Chambers ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
University of Exeter