On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 at 16:48:36 +0200, Tomasz Papszun wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 at 11:53:55 +0200, Marco Berizzi wrote:
[...]
> > As you can see clamd is *working* and it is cacthing viruses. Only
> > that stupid zip is slipping throught. Running clamdscan with eicar
> > test file is fine as you can see in the follwing clamd.log file:
> [...]
>
> Please send me that zipfile - in a zipfile protected with password
> "virus".

I received the file from you.
My clamscan and clamdscan - both - detect the malware in it:

$ clamdscan /tmp/photo.zip
/tmp/photo.zip: Trojan.W32.PWS.Prostor.A FOUND

$ clamdscan -V
ClamAV 0.87/1097/Wed Sep 21 20:56:51 2005

I don't know why yours doesn't.

After a brief conparison of my and your clamd.conf I can't see any
obvious error (although yours has less options set, it shouldn't be the
problem because some more are enabled by default anyway).

Just for the comparison, here you are my clamd.conf and yours. Only
valid lines are shown thanks to
'grep -v "\#" /etc/clamav/clamd.conf|grep -v "^$"'
(your clamd.conf was additionally corrected by removing words resulted
from wrapping lines by your MUA).

Mine:

LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl
FixStaleSocket
ScanArchive
User amavis
ReadTimeout 180
ArchiveMaxRecursion 5
ArchiveMaxFiles 1000
ArchiveMaxFileSize 20M
ArchiveMaxCompressionRatio 400
FollowFileSymlinks
MaxThreads 5
MaxConnectionQueueLength 15
LogFile /var/log/clamav/clamd.log
LogTime
LogFileMaxSize 0M
PidFile /var/run/clamav/clamd.pid
DatabaseDirectory /var/lib/clamav/
SelfCheck 3600
ScanOLE2
ScanPE
DetectBrokenExecutables
ScanHTML

Yours:

PidFile /var/run/ClamAV/clamd.pid
LocalSocket /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock
FixStaleSocket
MaxDirectoryRecursion 15
User defang
ScanMail
ScanArchive
ArchiveMaxFileSize 500k
ArchiveMaxFiles 10
ArchiveMaxCompressionRatio 200

Please note that my clamd.conf isn't a very good model - some options
are not needed because they are enabled even without setting in
clamd.conf - but it goes from many versions ago and I manually added new
options after they were introduced.

I've got no better advice for you than starting another clamd process
with other clamd.conf containing other LocalSocket and other PidFile
(can be done as an unpriviliged user also) and experimenting with it -
adding/removing/modifying options - until you have received the missing
detection.
If you find something you believe is a bug, please report.

--
 Tomasz Papszun    SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland    | And it's only
 tomek at lodz.tpsa.pl http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.