-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of R. Steven
Rainwater
Sent: 27 September 2005 01:02 AM
To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net
Subject: Re: [Clamav-users] clamav-milter seems unstable with 0.87

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 22:58, N Fung wrote:
> --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I think that certain emails are crashing clamav-milter
> > or clamd when it reads them, causing the processes to
> > hang. I've noticed that each time we get one of the
> > errors in the log, an additional clamav-milter process
> > gets "stuck", so that over time, we collect more and more
> > stuck processes until max children is hit and
> > everything blows up.

> What errors, if any, are you getting in /path/to/clamd.log?
> Are you seeing segfaults there?

No segfaults or error messages at all in the clamd.log. Clamd.log
contains lots of "SelfCheck: Database status OK" messages but mostly
contains entries for viruses that have been found.

The errors I'm seeing, which I posted in a previous email, are all in
the /var/log/maillog where sendmail and all the milters log their
activity.

-Steve