On Sunday 04 December 2005 11:53, Kevin Way wrote:
> I've been having problems with clamd spinning out of control on one of
> my servers.  The machine in question is a FreeBSD 5.4-p8 server running
> clamav 0.87.1.
>
> clamd will start eating all CPU, and stop responding to TERM signals,
> sending the load from 0.2 or so to about 4.  There's no obvious evidence
> of the problem in the clam logs.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on how best to troubleshoot this
> issue.

What was it doing just before it starts doing this?  For instance, can you
check your logs to isolate the file/attachment it was scanning?  We had a
similar problem and I was able to identify a particular email attachment that
would send clamd (0.86.2) into just such a tailspin.

Brian
--
Brian McDonald
Never confuse being nice with being a tool.