On Dec 22, 2005, at 17:29 , Tomasz Kojm wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:19:25 -0500
Dale Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Dec 22, 2005, at 13:20 , Tomasz Kojm wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:08:34 -0500
Dale Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

SEE:
http://www.daleenterprise.com/test.php

Also SEE:
http://www.daleenterprise.com/clamav_info.php

This PHP module/extension is ready and available for release, it's
PHP4/PHP5 compliant.

What is this, a provocation?

No, the message was to show two things, one that scanning a buffer
seems very unreliable

Scanning a buffer? What are you talking about? (I.e. how is that
connected with the original post?)

The OP was about Mail::ClamAV perl modules failure to detect viruses and my comment about the ClamAV's scanbuff routine failure to detect viruses is related to this.

and two, another method of using clamav is available, you're welcome
to the code.

That's off-topic, too. Anyway, you're welcome to take a look at the
bottom of http://www.clamav.net/3rdparty.html

Third-party???

It's little code, almost zero maintenance and could be argued that it should be part of the regular distribution but no problem, it's not like anybody else would use it so I guess it isn't going to be publicly available.

--
   oo    .....         Tomasz Kojm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

-- Dale