> I feel that it's going to be quite difficult for me to go though 500-odd
> ClamAV phishing signatures and
> compare them, with an editor to my 100-ish signatures and find out what
> bits are duplicated.  I really
> need some samples.
>
> If possible, to save a whole load of time... could you:
>
> a) give me the sample phishing emails that are duplicated
> b) give me the sample phishing emails that are missed
>
> Email me, to chat off-list: steveb_clamav -AT- sanesecurity -DOT- com
>
> Thanks again for the feedback...

I will give you access to the mails you requested, but here a few
statistics first for everybody outthere.

I used ClamAV 0.88-1 with main.cvd 35 and daily.cvd 1263. The
Unoffical Phsihing sigantues are the 162 ones from 31st January.

Total Phishing mail count - 522
Deteted by ClamAV only - 490 (of 522)
Undetected - 32 (of 522)
>From the undetected, detected by unofficial signatues -  13 (of 32)
Total undetected - 19 (of 522)

Detected by ClamAV and also by unofficial signatures - 121 (of 490)