The company I work for has implemented a firewall that only allows certain
activity through it.  I have requested that the user agent string
"clamav/*" be allowed to communicate with the internet.  The request has
been refused because of security concerns.  The approving authority is
concerned that there does not appear to be any way of verifying that the
web site the database is being downloaded from is the official site.  The
authority would like to see either a way of supplying a user id and
password for authentication to the site or an exchange of SSLv2 keys. With
the current clamav software is authentication possible?

Robert D. Setterlund
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
600 Atlantic Ave., Boston, MA, 02106
(617) 973-3374