On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Bob Hutchinson wrote:

> The trouble with perl system() calls is that you don't get any result
> codes, I might experiment with backticks instead.

Someone suggested touch, here's the simple way:

if ($result == 200) {
  system "gunzip -v --stdout $file > $dbfile";
  my ($dev,$ino,$mode,$nlink,$uid,$gid,$rdev,$size,
    $atime,$mtime,$ctime,$blksize,$blocks)
      = stat($file);
  utime $atime, $mtime, $dbfile;
}

I actually don't have this automated myself yet, since the updates are so
infrequent. I run the downloader by hand in a scratch dir, and if it grabs a
new file run a script that distributes it to my servers.

Chris Candreva  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/