-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dennis Peterson
Sent: 03 May 2006 00:09
To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net
Subject: Re: [Clamav-users] Error while loading shared libraries

> These are ldd results:
>
> # ldd -v /usr/lib/libclamav.so.1

These are the results of running ldd against the libraries. You need to do
it again for clamd and for any other utilities you use (clamscan,
'frinstance).

> What am I looking for?

"Not found" messges.

There's an issue in doing this as user root, depending on other things, but
be sure you verify that when you are logged in as the clamav user that you
don't get any "Not found" messages. It has to do with whether your binaries
have hard-coded paths to libs or if they depend on environment settings like
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (which is evil)  to locate the library components.

dp