I read in the FAQ of the clamwin that we should try to download eicar.com
and see if the clamwin and clamav detect it as a virus.

However, both of my Clamav and Clamwin did not detect it.
I am using:
Clamd version 0.88.2
and i always update them with freshclam.

In my windows I use clamwin 0.88.2.3 and use the same main.cvd and daily.cvd.

What happen?

Brgds,
Riwan

How did you test for it?

dp

Yes, usually when it is not detected it is because the text string is placed in the body of an email with text or whitespace in front of it. The string must be the first thing in the body of the message - nothing in front of it. Another reason is the "virus" has been cleaned by antivirus software either on an enterprise gateway server or desktop or other antivirus software before clamav sees the virus. If it is an email message that you are diagnosing then make sure when you receive the message in your inbox that the eicar text string is still present (and was there when you sent the message).

Gary V

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/