Daniel T. Staal wrote:
On Thu, June 15, 2006 11:13 am, Kevin Lowe said:
Hi,

I accidentally issued the following command where I mis-spelled remove:

$ ./clamscan --remov /usr/home/projects/virus/

And it actually removed the file. I would expect either an error or the
flag to be ignored. Is this a (minor) bug I shoud report?

ClamAV 0.88.2 running on FreeBSD

Many Unix tools will allow you to abbreviate the flags to the shortest
non-ambiguous string.  I'd consider that normal behavior.

This appears to be the case:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jmaul]$ clamscan --r
clamscan: option `--r' is ambiguous
ERROR: Unknown option passed.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jmaul]$ clamscan --re
clamscan: option `--re' is ambiguous
ERROR: Unknown option passed.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jmaul]$ clamscan --rem
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jmaul]$ clamscan --remo
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jmaul]$ clamscan --remov
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jmaul]$ clamscan --remove

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jmaul]$ clamscan --remhjhj
clamscan: unrecognized option `--remhjhj'
ERROR: Unknown option passed.

-Jim