Alejandro wrote:
Nigel Horne wrote:
Finally I could install my first mail server with sendmail+clamav+clamav-milter among others packages. Because I'm a newbie I have these two short questions:

1) Does clamav remove virus from mail messages or it just scan and warn about virus ???

You can have clamav-milter block the message or scan and warn (see
below). The phrase "remove virus from mail messages" has no meaning.

2) How can I rewrite the subject of infected mails with a **VIRUS** banner in order to process them with Procmail ???

Look for the X-Virus-Status header; it isn't what you asked for, but
it may produce the same effect for you.

Really thanks !!!

Alejandro

Ok...with remove I mean "disinfect"....so does Clamav disinfect virus from into mail mesagges ???

ClamAV disinfects nothing.

-Jim