Scott Ryan wrote:
On Friday 18 August 2006 16:27, Dennis Peterson wrote with regard to - Re: [Clamav-users] Clamav Uninstall :
Jim Maul wrote:
Dennis Peterson wrote:
Scott Ryan wrote:
On Friday 18 August 2006 06:02, Robert wrote with regard to - Re:

[Clamav-users] Clamav Uninstall :
That's my problem !

An 'unnamed colleague' deleted the previous build directory.
May I suggest that you start using some sort of package management
tool - like RPM ?

Everything would be a whole lot easier...
And lets someone else who's skill set you don't know and who's
practices are equally unknown make all manner of decisions about your
installation. Thanks, no. This is really very easy stuff to build and
manage.
You are already using free software created by 'someone who's skill set
you don't know and who's practices are equally unknown'.  Your argument
holds no water.  Of course the best part is you are free to choose your
own method.

-Jim
Nonsense - my repeatability over time because of my documented practices
is solid and good business. And I'm not dependent upon a packager to
provide a build for a new bug or feature release, let alone provide a
consistent and predictable product. I haven't looked, but I have yet to
see the configuration, options, build, and package parameters/guidelines
used by any ClamAV packagers. Have you? And if I completely trusted the
ClamAV team I wouldn't be following these forums :)

dp

Hope I got in here first...
From ClamAV site http://www.clamav.net/binary.html#pagestart :

"SRPMS: http://filelister.linux-kernel.at/?current=/packages/SRPMS/";

It took me 20 seconds...

I'm still looking for the OS X and Solaris data. Be right back...

dp