I have recently installed the 'clamsmtpd' add on to work with Postfix.
Messages are sent to it and returned to Postfix marked clean. In fact,
everything is marked clean,

I tried using some of the test files available here:

http://www.declude.com/Articles.asp?ID=99

However, they are not being detected. These are two examples of messages
I received:

--=====================_307115168==_

This is a test message that was sent to you because you
(or someone you know) visited our page at
http://www.declude.com/tools .

This E-mail is designed to trigger mailserver virus scanners,
but WILL NOT do any harm.  It is not a virus.  If you receive
this E-mail, your mail server probably has no virus protection,
so it will pass on viruses to you.  Visit http://www.declude.com
for our Declude Virus solution for IMail servers.

This E-mail contains the Partial (Fragmented) Vulnerability,
which future viruses may use to bypass mailserver virus scanners.
Because of that, any mailserver virus scanner that does not
catch this E-mail WILL almost certainly allow future viruses through.

--=====================_307115168==_--

And this:

This is a test message that was sent to you because you
(or someone you know) visited our page at
http://www.declude.com/tools .

This E-mail is designed to trigger mailserver virus scanners,
but WILL NOT do any harm.  It is not a virus.  If you receive
this E-mail, your mail server probably has no virus protection,
so it will pass on viruses to you.  Visit http://www.declude.com
for our Declude Virus solution for IMail servers.

This E-mail contains the Outlook 'Blank Folding' Vulnerability,
which future viruses may use to bypass mailserver virus scanners.
Because of that, any mailserver virus scanner that does not
catch this E-mail WILL almost certainly allow future viruses through.

Is this considered normal? I tried several different tests, and most
were never detected.

--
Gerard Seibert