On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, 10:59 GMT+03 Török Edvin wrote:

> On 10/3/06, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:

>> Reading phishsigs_howto.pdf from the latest snapshot tarball, it says
>> that each line must consist of *three* fields, in the form
>>
>> Flags RealURL DisplayedURL
>>
>> Is there an updated documentation where the two-fields form will be
>> explained?

> There will be changes to the .pdb/.wdb format, and after that the
> documentation will be updated.
> For now the only change is: The two-field form, is valid only for type
> 'H', and means:
> match the host part of realURL, i.e. displayedURL can be anything.

You seem to mean 'somedomain.tld' of the 2-field-form

H somedomain.tld

is the Host part of DisplayedURL (not RealURL), while RealURL (not
DisplayedURL) can be anything.

>> (2) How can yet undetected phishings be submitted to the project?
> Submit a sample: http://cgi.clamav.net/sendvirus.cgi, following the
> rules on that page.

OK, just submitted 2 raw mails (more than 2 submissions a day are not
allowed according to that page) which should add

H bankofcastile.com
H imglt.com

to 'daily.pdb' (as of 'daily.cvd' version 2000). That decreased the
amount of false-negatives (when '--phish-scan-alldomains' is not
applied) from 88.1 to 59.5% within my real-life test environment of
currently 42 Phishing.Email mails.

If there would also be a way to add Host names of RealURLs, the
percentage decreasing would even be better.

Best regards,
rob.