Michael Grant wrote:
> So will this fix my quitting issue too or is my problem elsewhere?  It
> seems incredible to me that I'm the only one having this problem.

TBH, I don't remember what was your original problem. Because of the
top-posting it was not possible to me to follow the whole thread carefully.

I am seeing clamav-milter quit when freshclam fails to update the
daily.inc.  Here is what seems to be happening:

1) freshclam starts to update, it first deletes daily.inc
2) clamav-milter sees daily.inc has disappeared, it quits (and
sendmail stops processing mail!)

Michael Grant

Have freshclam download to it's own directory (perhaps even on it's own system). After the files have arrived successfully use rsync or cfengine to migrate them to the working directory of the system(s) running clamav (I have several).

Downloading into the working directory introduces these kinds of errors and I've always thought it a bad practice.

dp