Per Jessen wrote:
This is not really complaint, perhaps just an observation.
On 25/11 around 1000CET I submitted a sample and again on 26/11 also
around 1000 I submitted a second sample - both phishing.
I've only just today around 1800CET received confirmation for both. This
is respectively about 56 and 32 hours later.  I understand it was on a
weekend etc., but for ClamAVs phishing detection/protection to have any
meaning/reason at all, the time from submit to publish needs to be a
LOT shorter.

I'm not aware of any systems that have been disabled or rendered useless be even the most aggressive phishing scheme. The best defense against phishing is and has always been education, fwiw. Given the ease with which these can be defeated with other simple tools available to any good messaging server I don't mind they are given lower priority than correcting code errors, improving documentation, discovering and responding to truly destructive outbreaks, etc.

But you might also consider the great services provided by Steve at http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/ and the team at http://www.msrbl.com/

dp