On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Bill Landry wrote:

> The MSRBL-Images.hdb database started showing up corrupted yesterday and

This is not the only reason I ask, but the most recent. I have a script that
checks that evidenly has a bug.  I can either spend time fixing that, or
fixing clam so it ignores the one line with an error and processes the rest
of the file, and am trying to decide how best to spend time.  Probably  both
in the end.

It's a question of being brittle.  Any small error in the databases stops
clam dead. Hell, clam won't run if there is an empty db file ! I had wanted
to leave a temporary db file around for things I wanted to block quickly,
and leave it empty when there was nothing to block. Surprise -- that kills
clam !  Why in the world should that happen ?

I can see the arguements if the official, signed files are corrupt, but for
exra added files, ignore the bad line, ignore just that FILE, but it makes
no sense to me to die completely.  Any mistake becomes fatal, for no good
reason.

Chris Candreva  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- (914) 948-3162
http://www.westnet.com/