Stephen Gran wrote:
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 08:52:33AM -0800, Dennis Peterson said:
Henrik Krohns wrote:

Pretty obvious that -liconv is missing. Using GNU iconv? Not rocket science
to fix. :)

-hk
Probably not - but RC2 continues to build fine. I'm only reporting what I see. iconv is alive and well, I assure you :)

The problem, as mentioned in gcc thread posted, is that solaris' iconv.h
apparently does #define iconv_open libiconv_open

This means that you use the symbols from libiconv, instead of the symbols
from iconv, but -liconv is not on the linker line.

The short fix is to try:
make CFLAGS=-liconv

If that works, then the proper fix is to work up a patch with the macro
in the thread.

Yep - it's going to have to wait until I finish patching several dozen servers for the US/Canada daylight savings time change next month :_ That turned out to be a messy thing.

dp