Rob MacGregor wrote:
> On 4/18/07, Gustavo Gouvea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> has anyone instaled clamav on CentOS 4.4 before?? Any tips??? Which version
>> of Openssl do I need to use? Will I have to do it from the source code? By
>> now, Ive been using the rpm packages from Petr Kristof.
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] yum.repos.d]# yum install clamav
>> Setting up Install Process
>> Setting up repositories
>> Reading repository metadata in from local files
>> Parsing package install arguments
>> Resolving Dependencies
>> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
>> ---> Package clamav.i386 110:0.90.1-1 set to be updated
>> --> Running transaction check
>> --> Processing Dependency: libssl.so.5 for package: clamav
>> --> Processing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 for package: clamav
>> --> Processing Dependency: libkrb5support.so.0 for package: clamav
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libssl.so.5 is needed by package clamav
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 is needed by package clamav
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libkrb5support.so.0 is needed by package clamav
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] yum.repos.d]# find / -name libssl*
>> /lib/libssl.so.4
>> /lib/libssl.so.0.9.7a
>> /usr/lib/libssl.a
>> /usr/lib/thunderbird-1.5.0.5/libssl3.so
>> /usr/lib/libssl.so
>> /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.5/libssl3.so
>> /usr/lib/libssl3.so
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] yum.repos.d]# rpm -qa |grep openssl
>> openssl-devel-0.9.7a-43.14
>> xmlsec1-openssl-1.2.6-3
>> openssl-0.9.7a-43.14
>
> Well, the most likely response is that you should install from source :)
>
> Others have already talked about this on the CentOS forums, though the
> general flavour was very hostile.  I suspect you just need to upgrade
> your other packages, particularly openssl and openssl-devel.

Im surprised that no one mentioned the real easy way to solve all this.
  Download the SRC rpm. then rebuild for your specific environment and
install built rpms.  quick and easy.

I grab the src rpm from dag or kristof or wherever then do rpmbuild
--rebuild whatever.src.rpm and your all set.  Since i dont use milter i
specify -without-milter as well.

This allows you to keep the system updated with rpm without having to
wait for someone to build it for you for your specific arch.

-Jim