There is another aspect to the acquisition of ClamAV that seems not
to have been discussed. What happens to the people who made monetary
donations to the ClamAV project? (I am not in this group, as I never
quite got around to it.)

I would imagine that many people who donated to ClamAV did so in the
hope of ensuring the continued availability of Open Source anti-virus
technology. Now they have become unwitting investors. Of course, they
did get a FOSS ClamAV up till now and into the indefinite future, and
without donations ClamAV might have not survived, so they did get a
"return on investment". But will they get a monetary ROI? Should they?

I think this may become an issue for all Open Source projects. Will
people be less willing to donate to them in the future? What might be
a "code of conduct" for FOSS projects?

BTW, the ClamAV Website *still* has a "donate money" Web page (as of
30 Aug 2007).