Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> I have not run FreeBsd for years, but it looks you don not have the
> sendmail development kit. On a fedora system you need to do something
> like:
>
>    yum install sendmail-devel
>

> Jobst
>

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 03:18:31PM +0200, Matthias Häker ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> #clamav-0.93
>>
>> i want to use clamav-milter on a FreeBsd 4.8 System but if i try
>> ./configure --enable-milter
>> i get
>> checking whether setpgrp takes no argument... no
>> checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail
>> checking for libgmp... yes
>> checking how to link with libgmp... -lgmp
>> checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no
>> checking for iconv... no
>> checking whether in_port_t is defined... yes
>> checking for in_addr_t definition... yes
>> checking for mi_stop in -lmilter... no
>> checking for library containing strlcpy... no
>> checking for mi_stop in -lmilter... no
>> configure: error: Cannot find libmilter
>>
>> i searched and i found
>>
>> http://lurker.clamav.net/message/20070716.090500.e2921603.de.html
>>
>> but  it doesn't help
>>
>> i have sendmail_8.13.8  with milter support
>> Version 8.13.8
>>  Compiled with: DNSMAP LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
>>  NAMED_BIND NETINET NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SCANF USERDB
>>  XDEBUG
>>
>> and the files in /usr/lib/
>> libmilter.a
>> libmilter.so
>> libmilter.so.2
>> libmilter_p.a
>>

>> i cannot change/ upgrade Sendmail or  FreeBSD
>>
>> anybody any  clue ??
>>

>> must have something to do with:
>>
>> dnl --enable-milter
>> if test "$have_milter" = "yes"; then
>>     dnl libmilter checking code adapted from spamass-milter by
>>     dnl Tom G. Christensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>     dnl Check for libmilter and it's header files in the usual locations
>>     save_LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS"
>>     CLAMAV_MILTER_LIBS="$CLAMAV_MILTER_LIBS -lpthread"
>>     if test -d /usr/lib/libmilter ; then
>>     CLAMAV_MILTER_LIBS="$CLAMAV_MILTER_LIBS -L/usr/lib/libmilter"
>>     fi
>>     LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -lmilter $CLAMAV_MILTER_LIBS"
>>     AC_CHECK_LIB([milter],[mi_stop],[CLAMAV_MILTER_LIBS="-lmilter
>> $CLAMAV_MILTER_LIBS"],[
>>     dnl Older sendmails require libsm or libsmutil for support functions
>>     AC_SEARCH_LIBS([strlcpy], [sm smutil], [test "$ac_cv_search_strlcpy"
>> = "none required" || CLAMAV_MILTER_XLIB="$ac_cv_search_strlcpy"])
>>     LDFLAGS="$save_LDFLAGS $CLAMAV_MILTER_LIBS $CLAMAV_MILTER_XLIB"
>>     $as_unset ac_cv_lib_milter_mi_stop
>>     AC_CHECK_LIB([milter],[mi_stop],[CLAMAV_MILTER_LIBS="-lmilter
>> $CLAMAV_MILTER_XLIB $CLAMAV_MILTER_LIBS"],[
>>         AC_MSG_ERROR([Cannot find libmilter])
>>     ])
>>     ])
> [...]
I had a similar problem and found an answer on google. I would post the
link but....I can not find it again. So paraphrasing what I found:
Download and untar latest Sendmail.
Go to the libmilter directory
run make and make install
rerun configure for Clamav

I have used this solution on three machines (fedora not FreeBSD) and it
should solve your problem

Jim Preston