This is of course not quite on-topic for this list, but I did hit
the problem in relation with ClamAV, and my other searches have
come up blank, so please bear with me:

On a pretty recent CentOS 5.2 installation with working daily
automatic updates, ClamAV 0.94's ./configure complains thusly:

checking how to link with libbz2... -lbz2
checking for bzReadOpen in -lbz2... no
checking bzlib.h usability... yes
checking bzlib.h presence... yes
checking for bzlib.h... yes
checking for CVE-2008-1372... bugged
configure: WARNING: ****** bzip2 libraries are affected by the CVE-2008-1372 bug
configure: WARNING: ****** We strongly suggest you to update to bzip2 1.0.5.
configure: WARNING: ****** Please do not report stability problems to the
ClamAV developers!

Indeed, "yum list *bzip2*" tells me:

Installed Packages
bzip2.i386                               1.0.3-3                installed
bzip2-devel.i386                         1.0.3-3                installed
bzip2-libs.i386                          1.0.3-3                installed

But even a manual "yum update" finds nothing to update. I cannot
imagine Redhat/CentOS neglecting to provide a patch for that
vulnerability, so I am probably doing something wrong. But what?

Thanks in advance for any hints.

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH