Veselin@ wrote:
> Hello,
> could you please advise if there is a way to run clamscan,
> suppressing the "engine outdated" warning:
>
> LibClamAV Warning:
> *********************************************************** LibClamAV
> Warning: ***  This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated.     ***
> LibClamAV Warning: *** DON'T PANIC! Read
> http://www.clamav.net/support/faq *** LibClamAV Warning:
>
> I'm running Debian in a production environment,
> I cannot afford using the "volatile" repository,
> meaning that my engine will always be outdated.

I would say that if you are running in a production environment, you
cannot afford to have your antivirus tools be outdated.

Either install it from "volatile", build it from source, or find a 3rd
party package that you can install.  An antivirus tool is one thing that
you need to keep current.

--
Bowie