I'm not sure how to use crle to do this, so I just added to the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.

All seems well at this point, and you were correct, I wasn't looking
to disable the feature.

Why does this not occur in Red Hap ES4 but on Solaris? Also, I haven't
needed to modify the env variables on any prior versions...what's
changed??

George