On Sat, 21 Mar 2009, Steve Holdoway wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:38:47 -0700
> Ed Kasky <e...@esson.net> wrote:
>
>> At 09:00 PM Wednesday, 3/18/2009, Steve Holdoway wrote -=>

>>> I'm running with a couple extra timeous defined...
>>>
>>> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clamav',`S=local:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock,
>>> F=, T=S:4m;R:4m;C:30s;E:10m')dnl
>>>
>>> but the real work is getting the milter running from the config
>>> file, and separate from the clamd stuff.
>>>
>>> I've been running from svn for a while ( the last stable release
>>> proving unstable on my VPS-based implementation - which by design
>>> has no swap ), and it's been solid as a rock.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>
>> Still having a problem getting the milter started.  I am using the
>> init script from the source package for Redhat and get the following:
>>
>> Starting clamav-milter: clamav-milter: unrecognized option
>> `--pidfile=/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.pid'
>> ERROR: Unknown option passed
>> ERROR: Can't parse command line options
>>                                                             [FAILED]
>>
>> I did find the setting in the milter.conf file for the pid and tried
>> setting it there and removing the option from the script but could
>> not get it to work.  I can't seem to find an init script that works on FC6...
>>

> There are *NO* command line options for clamav-milter. All is configured
> through the config file. When built from source, the milter is started with
> the command line
>
> /usr/local/sbin/clamav-milter
>
> The config file is /usr/local/etc/clamav-milter.conf. In there, for example
> the line...
>
> PidFile /var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.pid
>
> will set up what you're trying to achieve.

Thanks for the reply.  I had pretty much figured that out.

I was just looking to see if anyone had an init script that encorporated
those  changes to the milter.  The one that shipped with the source
package for Redhat does not work as it uses the pid file as a command
line option.

Ed

Randomly generated quote:
There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can
be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless.
-Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)