Len Conrad wrote:
>>> How can I put
>>> Phishing.Heuristics.Email.SpoofedDomain
>>> ... in local.ign, if I can't find it in the files unpacked by sigtool?
>>> thanks
>>> Len
>>>
>> Phishing heuristics sigs are not "real" signatures, so your choices include
>> disable the phishing heuristics in clamd.conf (PhishingScanURLs no
>>

> Although Barracudas have passed many phishing emails, and I was hoping clamd
> in cascade would help, I've had to do "PhishingScanURLs no" in clamd.conf.
> Way more FPs than TPs, and a nice variety, too.  One day, it stopped all
> nytimes.com headlines alerts, and it blocked monthly notices about credit
> card balances, which looked legit from the content, and from all the
>
> I just caught an FP where one of our DSL users sent to herself, directly to
> our submission box running clamd, from the IP she successfully POPs from, a
> .gov job site notice.  I guess I'll here from her soon.  :)
>
> Len

I have a Barracuda in front of a mail server running clamAV. Phishing in
clamAV will cause more FPs, IMHO, than it's worth. I do have Phishing
turned off. But clamAV does find enough stuff that it's worth running
behind the Barracuda.

Plus if something bad happens to the Barracuda, I still have something
to scan for viruses on the mail server.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.