At 9:32 PM +0530 11/3/09, Avinash wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the quick response.

We are using the below 6 sanesecurity files.

junk.ndb
phish.ndb
scam.ndb
spear.ndb
lott.ndb
spam.ldb

Some more info:

I tried with adding these files one by one to clamd database, junk.ndb is
causing more load among all. Phish.ndb, scam.ndb and spear.ndb are also
contributing to the load.

Just to note, only the 50k sanesecurity sigs are causing load (among all
other 0.7 million sigs).
Is there anyway that we can convert sanesecurity sigs to .cld (or .cvd) with
a sigtool? (ignore if not relevant)

We are running only clamd process on a Linux x86_64 server.

Avinash

I think you need to tell us more. We run clamd (0.95.2 and 3) on a small, old PPC machine under unix with all official and unofficial signatures with mail and other apps with no issues.

Initially you said "We are using Sanesecurity signatures in clamd for scanning mails. Recently we are seeing some load issues on clamd server due to sanesecurity signatures"

Can you explain what changed between the time all was fine and your recent "load" issues? Can you explain what are the "load issues"? What version of OS and clamd?

The more information the easier it will be for us to help.

Tom