On 04/17/2010 07:25 PM, jef moskot wrote:
Hi, all.

I was on vacation for a bit and then wanted to wait for the EOL storm to
blow over. I never actually got any response to my original question,
which got sidetracked by a discussion of the FreeBSD port system.

At any rate, the original environment still applies: FreeBSD 7.1/amd64
with gcc 4.2.1

Is g++ the same version too (i.e. does g++ -v shows 4.2.1 too?).

The warnings appear whether installing manually or with the port system.

I suppose there is no surprise here, but if I
./configure --disable-llvm

then all the original warnings do not appear during the make

Well it disables all the C++ code, so the code that gave those warnings is not built at all.

, but I get:

CC libclamav_internal_utils_la-regexec.lo
regex/regexec.c: In function 'cli_regexec':
regex/regexec.c:159: warning: passing argument 2 of 'smatcher' discards
qualifiers from pointer target type
regex/regexec.c:161: warning: passing argument 2 of 'lmatcher' discards
qualifiers from pointer target type

These are harmless.

I'm going to test the original version, with all the original warnings,
beginning next week, and will report any weirdness I find.

Ok.

Best regards,
--Edwin