Hello,

I am seeing the same hang here on openSuSE 10.2(x86-64). This system has
bzip2 1.0.5 installed from source also.

I don't mind the warning, it's the hang that prevents configure from
finishing.

I am not too worried as I have clamav 0.96.2 installed now on this
system and it's due to be rebuilt in about another month or so.

at the meantime i patched sources and did build new rpms.
http://xorl.wordpress.com/2010/09/21/cve-2010-0405-bzip2-integer-overflow/
may be only option for users with other outdated OS.
With patched bzip-package configure could finish without error and bug
CVE-2010-0405 was reported as ok
its not only the clamav-side, fixing the bug itself is also imprtant for me.
how about unpacking manipulated archives on console etc. ...

Cheers