As I understand things, .cld files start out as a .cvd file which has been
updated by one or more .cdiff files.  Normally, the original .cvd file is
deleted upon completion of the update.  If a .cdiff update fails, then normally
a complete .cvd file is downloaded and the .cld file should be deleted.  It
sounds like something interrupted an update and it failed to remove the older
file.

You should be able to delete the oldest file.  If that turns out to be the
wrong choice, the next update should correct things.  If you delete both the
next update will download the latest .cvd.  Bottom line is that I don't think
you can go wrong deleting any or both.

Sent from my iPad

-Al-
--