I'm trying to help a ClamXav user figure out what is going on with his
database updates.  Here is a typical freschclam log entry:

ClamAV update process started at Mon Oct 18 21:58:03 2010
main.cvd is up to date (version: 52, sigs: 704727, f-level: 44, builder:
sven)
WARNING: getfile: daily-12147.cdiff not found on remote server (IP:
199.184.215.2)
WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-12147.cdiff from database.clamav.net
WARNING: getfile: daily-12147.cdiff not found on remote server (IP:
199.184.215.2)
WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-12147.cdiff from database.clamav.net
WARNING: getfile: daily-12147.cdiff not found on remote server (IP:
199.184.215.2)
WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-12147.cdiff from database.clamav.net
WARNING: Incremental update failed, trying to download daily.cvd
--------------------------------------
ClamAV update process started at Mon Oct 18 21:59:36 2010
main.cvd is up to date (version: 52, sigs: 704727, f-level: 44, builder:
sven)
WARNING: getfile: daily-12147.cdiff not found on remote server (IP:
199.184.215.2)
WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-12147.cdiff from database.clamav.net
Downloading daily-12147.cdiff [100%]
Downloading daily-12148.cdiff [100%]
Downloading daily-12149.cdiff [100%]
Downloading daily-12150.cdiff [100%]
Downloading daily-12151.cdiff [100%]
daily.cld updated (version: 12151, sigs: 140330, f-level: 53, builder: neo)
Downloading bytecode-81.cdiff [100%]
Downloading bytecode-82.cdiff [100%]
bytecode.cld updated (version: 82, sigs: 10, f-level: 53, builder: edwin)
Database updated (845067 signatures) from database.clamav.net (IP:
209.209.47.66)

Where you see the line between entries, freshclam appeared to hang for
several minutes so the user attempted to stop the update process and
ultimately quit and restarted the ClamXav application.  So I¹ve got lots of
questions, but let¹s start with these:

This has been going on for several days and always initially involves the
server in Atlanta, Georgia, US, which has been out-of-date for over eleven
days.  I understand why he is being routed to this server because of his
geographic location, but why does the network send him to a server that is
known to be out-of-date?

Is there an issue with freshclam hanging while attempting to download
daily.cvd?

How many times does a site have to fail in order to be marked ignore in
mirrors.dat?

We¹re checking now to see if his mirrors.dat has been corrupted.  I didn¹t
get a chance to get a listing before he removed it, but will attempt to do
that shortly.

-Al-

--
Al Varnell