On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Bob Cohen wrote:
> I'm running an amavisd-new installation with clamav and spamassassin. When I
> set it up, I followed the recipe from the Centos wiki except I used the user
> name clam instead of clamav for the group.

That would be fine, but you've got to make sure that the configs match the user
you've chosen.  From the logs displayed, it looks like the precompiled package
you got via yum set things up as clamav instead.

Pick whichever user you prefer, chown everything over to it, double-check the
configs and make sure they match, and then restart clamd and run freshclam.

Regards,
--
-Chuck