On 07/23/2011 05:40 AM, Steve Fatula wrote:
> It would appear that sighup, in clamav 0.97.1, should re-open the log files
> when it receives a sighup. In our case, it simply ends clamav-milter, no
> message logged anywhere I can find.
>
> Do I read this correctly, that is what SHOULD happen (reload)?

There's no signal handling done in clamav-milter, it is done by libmilter.

Looking at libmilter sources it intercepts SIGHUP, SIGTERM, SIGINT in its own
thread, and blocks the signals in all other threads,
so clamav-milter can't intercept SIGHUP even if it wanted to.
If you want a signal to reopen log files it has to be a different one from the
above three, but can't you just restart the milter process?
Restarting should be very fast, it doesn't need to load the database or
anything that takes time.

Best regards,
--Edwin