On 8/2/11 6:35 AM, Alain Zidouemba wrote:
Alex,

Your (or any) submissions are not being ignored. We have have just
been facing a large volume of submissions and prioritization sometimes
makes it that it takes us longer than we'd want to to get to some
submission.

I will be contacting you shortly to see how we can handle these
submissions in a timely manner.

Thanks,

-Alain

I'm just thinking out loud here, but the real reason we're all running ClamAV is not because the code is bug-free or has the coolest features, but because of the signatures. To create an exaggerated view of it, if you guys produced the finest AV engine in the world, faster, lighter, and less maintenance than all others but had last year's signatures, nobody would use it. It is finally the signatures that protects our systems.

So that is my way of voting for raising the priority on signature processing. And I do not wish this to sound like a complaint because it is not - you all are doing a great job.

dp