I can't get through the tech. complexity of upgrading my ClamAV, version 2.2.2.
I am not a computer engineer, just a user. On getting the daily message in
Console that my ClamAV engine is outdated (don't panic), I deleted Clam and its
associated files from my machine and redownloaded it from your site. I still
get the message.

I have read the FAQ: no help. I have checked that I have only one clam
application. I once tried to upgrade just the engine but it was too complicated
to do.

Surely downloading the current version from your site would result in an
up-to-date version?

What to do please? (Perhaps Clam is too unfriendly for ordinary users.)

Thanks for any help (but no unix code or complex multi-step instructions
please).