On Aug 8, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Steve Brazill <yu...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Our firm has a scheduled replication of the ClamAV database files, which more
> often than not, appear to be corrupt upon receipt.
>
> Though this error message has been posted by others previously,  I have not
> seen a definitive answer/solution, and is usually discounted as an issue with
> 'bad memory'.
>
> clamscan:
>   LibClamAV Error: Can't load /var/clamav/daily.cvd: Can't verify database
> integrity
>   ERROR: Can't verify database integrity
>   ERROR: Can't verify database integrity
>
> The most recent example occurred today, with the daily version 15231 (3:45AM
> aprox) being corrupt, but the subsequent release of  15232 (9AM aprox) being
> successful.
>
> The replication process, which only retrieves updated files, is obtaining the
> daily file from:
>    http://db.local.clamav.net/daily.cvd
>
> Are the multiple releases of the daily file due to actual updates to virus
> instances, or identification of corrupt source files on the website ?

There are normally several incremental updates daily.

Since there are over 140 mirror servers world-wide and you would normally be
rotating to a different one of maybe half a dozen servers in your area, it
could be that the two databases came from different servers. It's important to
identify the IP address of any server that is consistently corrupt.

Sent from Janet's iPad

-Al-
--
Al Varnell