One thing I'm seeing more and more of is malware code (be it PHP or ASP)
embedded after GIF headers.  ClamAV sees the GIF header and treats it
like an image (properly), but then ClamAV sees an HTML signature later
in the file.  However, it doesn't do any normalization on that HTML
data.  Would it be possible to add an option to clamscan that does
normalize the HTML data and analyzes it as usual?

Example:

LibClamAV debug: Recognized GIF file

LibClamAV debug: in cli_check_jpeg_exploit()

LibClamAV debug: Matched signature for file type HTML data at 4197

Problem:

  I have signatures that would match the normalized HTML data, but
because the GIF header is there, clamscan doesn't normalize the HTML
data.  This means that I have to create unique signatures for each file
with a GIF header that contains different non-normalized HTML data.

Thanks,

Maarten