On 3/14/2013 3:38 PM, Al Varnell wrote:
On 3/14/13 12:29 PM, "Bowie Bailey"  wrote:

On 3/14/2013 2:54 PM, Al Varnell wrote:
On 3/14/13 11:38 AM, "Bowie Bailey"  wrote:

Freshclam is complaining that my engine is outdated and I should be
using 0.97.7.  However, the website still lists 0.97.6 as current. Is
this a problem with Freshclam/DNS or do I just need to wait for the
website to catch up?

If you are really anxious it would seem to be available at
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/clamav/files/clamav/0.97.7/>.
I'm not in any hurry to install it.  It just seemed odd that freshclam
is pushing me to upgrade and the new version isn't available on the website.

Apparently there are a number of steps that need to be taken to roll out an
update which take time to accomplish and then flow out.  As I recall the
last update took over twenty-four hours to fully accomplish and it played
out in much the same way.

I don't recall having an issue with the last update, however I may not have gotten around to working on it as quickly as I did this time.

I would think that setting the automatic freshclam notification of the new version would be the last step in the process after pushing the files to wherever they need to go and updating the website...

--
Bowie