On 6/13/2013 5:50 AM, Yoon-Chan Jhi wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can give me an answer on this. What is the
license for ClamAV's virus signature grammar? I know the official CVDs
are GPL, but I have not found anything about the grammar(i.e., the use
of the symbols such as *, (, ), [, ], |, etc.) used in the regex-like
sigs of the CVDs.

I am writing a commercial program with a functionality detecting a set
of patterns among many files. Borrowng the patterm describing grammar
of ClamAV definitely has some benefit in designing, implementing, and
testing my pattern matching engine.

For regular expression pattern matching, why not use PCRE?

http://www.pcre.org/

--
Bowie