On 4/21/2014 3:12 PM, Dave Shevett wrote:
Hi everyone - we have clamav now running happily via cron job and
integrated with puppet.  Problem is I want to have it successfully find
something so I can test our notification mechanism.

"Infect one of my servers" seems a big gruesome.  Is there an easy way
to test clamav notifications (like a simple test rule that says "if
there's a file called BOB here, you're infected with the BOBSMASH virus?"

http://www.eicar.org/86-0-Intended-use.html

This test file should be detected as a virus by all anti-virus programs. ClamAV detects it as "Eicar-Test-Signature". The page linked above gives you some information on it as well as downloads in a few different formats.

--
Bowie