Not completely sure what you mean by real-time scanner: file scanning
or scanning HTTP responses (Web browsing)?

For file scanning, there is (or used to be) Clamuko, which hooked in
to the Linux kernel. I never used it, so can't say anything about it.

For Web browsing, I use HAVP, which in turn uses the ClamAV library to
scan the HTML coming in over HTTP. It runs as a proxy, so doesn't
handle HTTPS (although I suppose one could modify Firefox or Chromium
to use pieces of HAVP, and hence libclamav, internally).

HAVP seems to be no longer developed, but it still works. Look at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/havp/ -- Google HAVP for more info.