On Wed, 29 Apr 2015, jose-marcio martins da cruz wrote:

> On 04/29/2015 06:20 PM, René Bellora wrote:
>> El 29/04/15 a las 13:04, jose-marcio martins da cruz escibió:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm getting different results when scanning a infected email message.
>>>
>>> On a Sparc Solaris 10 (32 bits compiled), clamdscan tels me that the
>>> message is infected : "Heuristics.Encrypted.RAR FOUND"
>>>
>>> Testing it on two 64 bits linux boxes (fedora and ubuntu), both tels
>>> me that the message is clean.
>>

>> linux 32bits also report the message clean (with "ArchiveBlockEncrypted
>> yes" in clamd.conf)
>
> Hmmm...
>
> On the Solaris boxes, there are libclamunrar* libraries, while there aren't at
> Linux boxes...
>
> Clamav on Solaris boxes were compiled and installed from sources, while at
> Linux boxes they come from distros...
>
> If I remember, there is a kind of licence problem with rar libraries...

Debian has put the rar support in the "libclamunrar6" package in the
"non-free" section of the repository. The clamav package doesn't even
mention libclamunrar6 as a dependency or a recommended package.
I guess that a formal dependancy on the non-free "libclamunrar6"
package would have made clamav "non-free" too.

I didn't check ubuntu but most likely ubuntu has a "libclamunrar6"
package too as ubuntu is derived from debian.
And I don't know anything about clamav in fedora.

Regards,

Kees Theunissen.

--
Kees Theunissen,  System and network manager,   Tel: +31 (0)30 6096724
Dutch Institute For Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER)