As for the reason why I wanted to check the number of scanned files by clamdscan,
I just wanted to check that clamdscan the target directory recursivey.

$ find /tmp/dir1/ -type f
/tmp/dir1/eicar.txt
/tmp/dir1/dir2/eicar.txt
/tmp/dir1/dir2/dir3/eicar.txt
/tmp/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/eicar.txt
$ clamdscan -v /tmp/dir1/
/tmp/dir1/eicar.txt: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
/tmp/dir1/dir2/eicar.txt: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
/tmp/dir1/dir2/dir3/eicar.txt: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
/tmp/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/eicar.txt: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND