Whenever I compile ClamAV with 'unrar' support, it seems to be the
case that "libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.26" is automatically included
along with "libclamunrar.so.6.1.26" and the associated symbolic links
and '.la' files.

Since my use of ClamAV never detected any '.rar' files containing
malware, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking something in
my build process that might allow anything to be hidden in a '.rar'
file.

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 12:00:02 -0500
clamav-users-requ...@lists.clamav.net wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 19:35:00 +0100
> From: "Helmut Hullen" <hul...@t-online.de>
> To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net
> Subject: Re: [clamav-users] Clamav fails to detect exe within rar
>
> Hallo, Paul,
>
> Du meintest am 20.11.15:
>
> > I use ClamAV on both Debian and openSuSE, and compile it myself,
> > rather than waiting for the distro to release the latest version.
>
> > My recent compilations incorporate "libclamunrar.so.6.1.26" to
> > handle RAR files. I hope that covers it, as I compile ClamAV for
> > "/opt/clamav" and don't have any unrar-related '.so' files in any of
> > the usual 'lib' directories.
>
> Perhaps you need "On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 12:00:02 -0500
clamav-users-requ...@lists.clamav.net wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 19:35:00 +0100
> From: "Helmut Hullen" <hul...@t-online.de>
> To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net
> Subject: Re: [clamav-users] Clamav fails to detect exe within rar
>
> Hallo, Paul,
>
> Du meintest am 20.11.15:
>
> > I use ClamAV on both Debian and openSuSE, and compile it myself,
> > rather than waiting for the distro to release the latest version.
>
> > My recent compilations incorporate "libclamunrar.so.6.1.26" to
> > handle RAR files. I hope that covers it, as I compile ClamAV for
> > "/opt/clamav" and don't have any unrar-related '.so' files in any of
> > the usual 'lib' directories.
>
> Perhaps you need "libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.26" too.
>
> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut
" too.